Mar 8, 2012

GHOST RIDER: SPIRIT OF VENGEANCE (2011)


“The Rider gonna come out. And when he does, he’ll destroy whoever’s got it coming.” Yeahh, you’re right! It destroys everything in its path! From now on, whenever you hear the words “Ghost Rider”, the first thing that comes to your mind it will be a veryy baddd movie! They definitely don’t have enough good basic material to build a reasonable movie in the first place, thiz is for the second time! The first “Ghost Rider” in 2007 was one of the ugliest superhero movies ever made. Anyway, I have my respect for the Directors Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor. Generally, I like their works especially the stylish camera angle and color structure. A little bit rough, energetic and sometimes comical with fast moving scenes exactly like they have shown in “Crank” (2006) and “Gamer” (2009). But that’s certainly not enough. Thiz time, Johnny Blaze (Nicolas Cage), the alter-ego of Ghost Rider has to protect a child from The Devil in human form upon the request of a monk named Moreau (Idris Elba). The storyline is obviously weak in all aspects. They tell a simple story in long and boring 90+ minutes. Furthermore, the setting is told in Europe. Hello... Where is the Europe? I don’t see Europe! All I see is desert and rocky mountain in the middle of nowhere. After all, the Ghost Rider’s character is originally dark and mysterious. That atmosphere is clearly not shown here. They are using too much sick humor and too much clear blue sky, if you know what I mean. It comes to my mind, it would be totally different if they hire the Director who knows how to make a convincing shade of dark gothic like Tim Burton or Guillermo del Toro. The next thing is Nicolas Cage. I don’t know what actually happens to Cage, he obviously tries to look cool with his cheesy one-liner dialogue. Furthermore, at some scenes when Blaze struggles to hold back the demon inside him to come out, he creates a very strange and amusing expression. The rest of the Cast members deliver B-Class performance such as Idris Elba, Violante Placido, Johnny Whitworth, Christopher Lambert and even the child Fergus Riordan. The Devil once said to Johnny Blaze, "You were the worst frickin' deal I ever made." well, I have my complaint too, I just want my money back!

Stars : 5/10
Experience your life through movee :>
Jonny Fendi



"I will eat your stinking soul!"

No comments:

Post a Comment